White Spot Removal – Brookline, MA
Erase Distracting White Spots From Your Front Teeth
Do you have white blemishes on your teeth that distract from your otherwise healthy and beautiful-looking smile? These can appear for several reasons and wear down your self-esteem over time. If having a bright smile that you’re proud to show off is important to you, you’ll be happy to know that Dr. Alan Sasson offers white spot removal in Brookline. Using some of the most advanced technology that dentistry has to offer, he can erase dental blemishes and refresh your grin. That way, instead of being embarrassed by it, you won’t be able to wait to show it off! If you believe you could benefit from this treatment, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
What Causes White Spots?
There are several reasons that white spots can appear on your teeth. Fortunately, most of the causes are completely harmless, so there’s no need to worry. Plus, at Boston Smile Center, we can remove them and restore your smile. Some reasons that these may appear include:
- Fluorosis happens when children consume large amounts of fluoride as their teeth are still developing. While this substance helps protect teeth, too much of it can cause enamel to appear discolored.
- Enamel hypoplasia occurs as a result of vitamin deficiency, medicinal side-effects, and premature births or prenatal smoking. When your enamel doesn’t fully form and is less mineralized, it leaves your teeth vulnerable to decay and white spots can appear. The color of the blemishes can appear milky-white, brown, or yellow.
- Demineralization of enamel typically occurs as a result of poor oral hygiene or patients who have braces. It happens when harmful oral bacteria wears down enamel and causes decalcification.
How Can You Get Rid of White Spots?
Besides making a smile unattractive, these spots make teeth sensitive and prone to further decay. There is now great news for people who would love to rid their teeth of these unsightly spots. Icon is a revolutionary new technology that rebuilds enamel surface permanently and restores teeth to the uniform color of the surrounding teeth. The treatment is quick, easy, and affordable with no shots or driller required. Icon makes the blemishes completely disappear, as you can see from these before and after pictures.
How Can You Prevent White Spots From Forming?
The best way to prevent white spots from forming on teeth is to take preventive measures, including:
- Speak to Dr. Sasson about fluoride intake if you’re pregnant to prevent white spots from occurring on your baby’s developing teeth.
- Quit smoking.
- Be sure to only use a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for children under the age of six.
- Check the fluoridation of your tap water and discuss fluoride treatments with Dr. Sasson.
- If you or your child wears braces, be sure to thoroughly brush around the brackets and wires regularly to reduce the risk of white spots developing.
There is now great news for people who would love to rid their teeth of these unsightly spots. Icon is a revolutionary new technology that rebuilds enamel surface permanently and restores teeth to the uniform color of the surrounding teeth. The treatment is quick, easy and affordable with no shots or driller required. Icon makes the spots completely disappear, as you can see from these before and after pictures.
White spot removal for our patient who's getting married in 6 weeks. See the before and after picture as well as a photo of one step of the multi-step process with the green conditioning gel on the teeth. The process only takes about an hour. As you can see - a great result. Our patient was very thrilled!
Give Boston Smile Center a call at (617) 739-1017 for a no-charge consultation with Dr. Sasson!
At Boston Smile Center, the last thing we want is for you to be embarrassed by your grin. Instead of letting discoloration wear on your self-confidence, let Dr. Sasson help you get rid of pesky blemishes that litter your smile by scheduling an appointment for a no-charge consultation today!