What to Expect During Invisalign
Whether you’re merely considering Invisalign or have recently started the clear braces treatment, you now have some questions about how it works. Fortunately, Invisalign is a pretty simple process once you get into the routine of caring for your clear aligners. Keep reading for what you can expect with Invisalign in Boston.
Invisalign Treatment Process
To set you up with the Invisalign treatment, Dr. Sasson will examine your teeth and take a series of photos, x-rays, and impressions for the creation of your unique aligners. Once you receive your customized Invisalign trays, you begin with the first aligner in the system. Use each one for two weeks before advancing to the next in the series.
You should wear each tray for 20 to 22 hours per day, removing them only to eat and drink or before brushing and flossing. You can also take the aligners out before the occasional important meeting or interview -- just make sure you still manage to wear the trays for the recommended amount of time to avoid any delays in your treatment.
Once you have completed the Invisalign treatment, we want to say congratulations! Dr. Sasson will set you up with a Vivera retainer to help you maintain your beautiful results. Don’t worry -- the retainer is made of clear plastic and is just as subtle as your Invisalign aligners.
Read more about the Invisalign treatment process.
How to Take Care of Your Invisalign Trays
Invisalign works using a series of custom-fitted plastic trays. Each tray places focused pressure on a different area of the bite, gradually bringing the teeth into proper alignment. Taking good care of your Invisalign aligners can help you breeze through treatment on your way to your straighter teeth and more confident smile.
Some tips for tray maintenance include…
- Avoid washing your aligners with hot or warm water, which can warp the plastic.
- Drink only cool or cold still or sparkling water while wearing your aligners. Colored beverages can stain the plastic, and sugars may become trapped between the trays and the tooth enamel, accelerating decay.
- Do not wrap your trays in a paper towel while you eat. Many have been lost this way! Instead, keep a hard, ventilated case in your bag or briefcase and toss the trays inside to stay safe as you eat.
- Rinse your aligners upon removal to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- Brush and floss your teeth before reinserting the aligners. Bacteria left behind on the teeth will cause accelerated damage when help tightly against the tooth enamel.
- Clean aligners with a mild hand soap.
- Brush trays gently.
Questions about how to take care of your trays throughout your treatment? We all need a refresher at some point. Contact the Boston Smile Center with any doubts as you use Invisalign.
Get Started on Invisalign!
Are you interested in benefitting from clear braces? Or maybe you have questions about your current treatment -- whatever it is, the team at Boston Smile Center is here to help you on your journey toward straight teeth and a confident smile. Contact us to discuss Invisalign today!